Brian Wilkes’s Biography and wiki
Brian Wilkes is an American journalist who has been the chief meteorologist for FOX59 since July 1995. He is a graduate of Columbia College with a bachelor of science degree in science communication. He completed a two-and-a-half-year internship at WGN-9 (Chicago), under Meteorologist Tom Skilling.
Brian Wilkes’s Age and birthday
- Brian is 59 years old as of 2023. He was born in 1968, in Indiana, the United States of America.
Brian’s height and weight.
- Wilkes stands at an average height and moderate body stature.
Brian Wilkes’s Educational background
- He is a graduate of Columbia College with a bachelor of science degree in science communication. He completed a two-and-a-half-year internship at WGN-9 (Chicago), under Meteorologist Tom Skilling.
Brian Wilkes Family
- Wilkes is the son of a former United States Marshal (father). He has not disclosed further information about his parents and siblings.
Brian Wilkes’s Wife and children
- Wilkes is happily married to his wife Gigi Wilkes since 2008. The two reside in Indiana, the United States, in the luxurious home they bought in August 2014. Together, they are blessed with two children; Olive and Monkey (Coach Monkey Bear).
Brian Wilkes Career
- Brian’s fascination with the weather started early in fourth grade. Growing up on the far south side of Chicago, the blizzard of 1979 kept him out of school for two weeks! This sparked his excitement for the weather, which continues to this day. Brian is a member of both the American Meteorological Society and the National Weather Association. In August of 1996, he received his Seal of Approval from the National Weather Association.
- He began his career as the chief meteorologist at his first station WSJV-TV, now the Fox Affiliate in Elkhart, Ind. for their 6 and 10 p.m. shows. During his time at WSJV, Brian produced, wrote, and hosted a documentary on the Palm Sunday tornadoes that ripped through South Bend in April of 1965.
- During his time in Indianapolis, he has been honored with numerous awards. Brian was awarded an Emmy from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences in 1996 for his severe weather special “Blown Away,” which he hosted and co-produced. He has also hosted two other severe weather specials “Ahead of the Storm” which won an Emmy in 2001.
Brian Wilkes’s Net worth and salary
He has a current net worth of $ 2 million as of 2023.
Brian Wilkes Social media Links